Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thanks Dad,

Thank you Dad...

For raising me, for treating me like your son for my entire life.
Thank you for being there when I needed help with my math homework when I was young.
Thank you for believing in me when I went to high school, and paying my way through private school.
Thank you for everything you did right for me.

I'm sorry,

I am sorry that even after all the investments into my future you've made, I've disappointed you.
I'm sorry that after all the things you did to try and make and keep me a strong, respectful, decent human being, I ended up being something you couldn't agree with.
I'm sorry that the times we spent together doing manly things were all in vain and a waste of your time.

I'm sorry that I'm a girl.


No.


No, I'm not. I am not sorry.

I am not sorry that I'm happier now than I was pretending to be your son.
I am not sorry that I'm happier now than I was pretending to be a man.
I am not sorry that I'm happier now loving multiple people regardless of their gender, or lack of their gender.
I am not sorry that I am me.
I am NOT sorry.

Today you had my sister tell me, because you were too much of a chicken to ask yourself, that you didn't want me in your office anymore. Even if I'm there to see my own sister, you don't want me near your place of business.

Sister: "Dad would like to ask nicely that you not drop by the office anymore."

And I get it, you are ashamed of me, I embarrass you.

If you really do not want me in your life anymore. I will gladly comply.
My birthday of this year I'll be filing my court documents for name change.
When I do, I'll omit the name you gave me.
I'll take a new family name.

I was never going to pass on your legacy through blood, why pass it on through name.

Maybe once I get rid of your name, I wont embarrass you anymore.

Goodbye Father,
I don't feel like calling you Dad anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment